Grails is a full stack framework used to build enterprise application using MVC architecture over JVM. It's based on convention over configuration and reduces lot of complexity involved with configuration.
Few interesting and major advantages of Grails over other framework.
- It's conventional approach over configuration.
- Use of already proven framworks like Spring, hibernate.
- GORM an ORM which is groovy wrapper over hibernate.
- Huge plugin support for plug and play.
- Embedded tomcat container configured for on the fly reloading.
- Support for Async programming.
- Support for test driven development.
For latest documentation follow the below url: